Seriously?!

one of my friends put a video of her baby kicking inside her belly today and she has rob zombie playing!!! even in the womb i dont think kids should listen to that crap! not to mention her cousin thats only 10 is at her house, all the music she has has cussing in it, murdering themes and so on......this just makes me so mad for some reason!!!! ugh....makes me sick also that her cousin is there and shes playing that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Your point? It's music, its what she likes to listen to. You're waaayyyy off the map here.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What would YOU prefer then? Or approve of? Hmm?
    ObbyDobbie

• Ok. I'm not sure why it matters. When my youngest was almost a year old, he went through about a week where he was crying constantly, until I turned on Nine Inch Nails. He stopped crying and I played the same 4 or 5 CDs over and over because he was suddenly happy as a clam.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i dont approve of rob zombie, murderdolls, Marylin Manson or any of that stuff.......even if its her taste in music i dont think she should be playing it when her 10 year old cousin is around let alone playing it to her unborn baby......who knows what the music can do to a babies ears in the womb......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• taste in music isn't universal. hers is clearly different than yours. you are entitled to your opinion about her type of music but it doesn't really give you the right to bash her for playing it to her fetus. maybe someone else would be equally disgusted at whatever type of music you listen to.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh... You don't approve. There's an easy fix for that. Don't play it for your own children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'd be more concerned about the 10 year old listening to it than an unborn baby who doesn't comprehend language yet.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was listening to GASP- Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails and other industrial, goth, alternative music when my kids were still in my belly and after- my daughter is 17 now and is completely respectful of people and religions, has a huge heart, wants to be a therapist and is generally a great kid with decent grades, and my son is pretty good too for that matter. I do not censor swear words. I HAVE taught them there is a time and place for swearing and that respect is super important.

I have more of a problem with moms letting their 5 yr olds wear skimpy clothing and heels while out in public while listening to music that is very sexual in nature...but that's me...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't really think it's that big of a deal
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• confusedare you serious? lmao come on now

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011