When I'm "actively" doing anything....

I get sweaty and yucky and nasty. I don't want to be all gross and what's worse is I sweat even just doing stuff in my house let alone outside actively playing with the kids, yard work or anything else.
How do I get through working out and stuff feeling gross like I do?

Also for whatever reason (even though I'm a hygenically clean person I get sweat stains in my clothes or the odor gets stuck....even though I'm a deoderant/antipersperant FREAKAHOLIC. lol

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• OMG. Sorry nobody gets it! I am a girl that sweats a LOT and I HATE it, but there is nothing you can really do about it. It is embarrassing to sit down and leave an ass print because you are so damn sweaty or to have rings around your arm pits! When I am not pregnant, I am a stick and it doesn't have anything to do with being overweight or crazy or OCD...if you sweat so bad you drip, it is embarrassing. All I can say is that I always have a change of clothes ready to go and especially during the summer I do "sink baths" a couple times a day. While my hair feels gross too, if I washed it multiple times a day it gets really dried out.

When you exercise, I would try to plan it for a time you can change and shower right away...its not like you can just not exercise...and to me, that wouldn't stop the crazy sweating anyway!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Maybe prescription deodorant/antiperspirant? Your doctor could probably help with that. Good luck!
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks vbruno for explaining what I meant.
    But I will tell you OP that it is extremely unhealthy to NOT sweat because your body's sweat is its way of regulating temperature. And if it gets too hot without sweating - you can overheat, have a heat stroke, pass out, etc. Again, it isn't healthy to stop your body from sweating. And your need to keep from sweating is also not normal and unhealthy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You body sweats for a reason. Go see a therapist for help.
    Anonymous

• I would ask your Dr if there is something wrong, I'm not talking OCD. Also try different antiperspirants. The only thing that works for me is Secret.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• A therapist? What would they do for me?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Seek professional help for your obsessive compulsive disorder? Or...Just stop trying to give yourself excuses as to why you cant or wont exercise. You just do what needs to be done in order to achieve your goals and take a shower afterwards. If being sweaty is that much of a turn off to you, then your OCD. Seek professional help.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ok, I get it...thanks vbruno
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I don't care that I sweat, but I believe I sweat excessively. I don't mind getting sweaty, but maybe I just gross myself out when I'm exercising...lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would ask your doctor because you mind have over active sweat glands
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011