So stressed, any thoughts?

I am so stressed right now I feel like I am going to blow. Ever have one of those days? My 2 1/2 year old is driving me nuts. I don't feel particularly great to start with today and that doesn't help. Everytime I start doing anything that doesn't involve her she interrupts wanting me to do something. Then I tried going for a walk with her and she had a fit about which side of the road we were walking on. Then we get back home and it is time for her nap and she has another fit about that and so I ended up yelling at her. Do any of you have times like this? Am I wrong for be soooo stressed? I feel bad about yelling at her, I am just so tired. Any thoughts?

Kelly502

Asked by Kelly502 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're just fine :) I've yelled too, haven't we all. Just tell her how tired and grumpy you are, see if she'll lay down with you, maybe cuddle up on the couch with a movie?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You are a Mother, you WILL get stressed.. I know you feel bad and I am sure we all do but its ok mommy.. we all have our moments and days.. your daughter does too lol!~ take a breather or a nap while she's napping and I hope you feel better... my mom always used to tell me, its like clock work that your child will have their worst day on YOUR worst day.. and it rang true.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• All part of the territory of being a mom, tomorrow will be a better day.......

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Always....
    give yourself a time out. Practice blocking her whining or put her in time out for throwing fits. Walk away when she does it and tell her you won't listen to it. I always told my DD when she wants to ask nicely and be nice then she can come talk to me, but I wasn't going to listen to her when she doesn't approach it appropriately.
    Also, you could include her in what your doing.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for your quick replies, it is good to hear that I may not be the worst Mom on the planet. It feels good to vent, thanks for your words.
    Kelly502

Comment by Kelly502 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011