Binky

anyone have any simple ways to get baby off binky? Looking for easy transition

edensgarden101

Asked by edensgarden101 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• We did the same thing with both our boys, and eventually we'll do it with our daughter. Simply cut it out slowly - First they were only allowed to have it at home, then only in the bedroom, then only at sleepy time (nap & overnight) and then we simply let them self ween. They both gave it up willingly with no issue after a few weeks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• try to keep it out of sight....give lots of activity.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• the way that i got my daughter to get rid of the binky is to persuade her to take the one that was in her mouth and say bye bye to it and throw it in the trash. make sure you get rid of all the other ones in the house.........yes even the emergency binky
    Terri102685

Answer by Terri102685 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree, no binky out of house for a few weeks, then no binky in daytime, only in rooms or at bedtime for a few weeks, then mine just let it go.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• DS weaned himself off the binky so I can't really help =[ but here's a bump!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• my 19 months old DD is using her binky only when she has to take her nap or at night together with her blanket and her fav toy Tiger. Just with the time they will get off from the binky.
    cageybaby

Answer by cageybaby at 10:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I started with just night time and then after we visited my DH family that kept shoving it in her mouth cause they thought she looked cute I threw it in the trash. She was fine after a few nights of whining. Not crying or anything just whining.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011