Anyones child born with a big mole (birthmark)

My daughter leilani who is now 14 mnths was born with a good size birthmark on her leg. My son has one thats small on his shoulder. Is this going to grow? I am so sad that shes going to possibly be insecure with it in her adolesence =/

http://tinypic.com/r/2url9g9/7

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2url9g9.jpg[/IMG]

Thats the link for the pik of her the birthmark is on her leg

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Cant see the pic, but how YOU handle it while she's growing up will greatly affect how she see's herself when she's old enough to be self conscious about it. It is what it is and drawing attention to it in a negative way will put bad ideas in her head about it when she is older.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh mom that is not big deal!! I was picturing a huge thing the size of a plate or something...lol.

ITs on her leg...not her face which is good! And if it bothers her when she is older...removing them is a very simple procedure...I have had several smaller and one large one removed.

My dd has one almost that big on her lower back....I told her dad she will most likely want it removed when she starts wearing bathing suits as a teen.

No biggie! She is so cute no one is gonna look at her leg anyways!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Wait is it a mole...raised a bit or totally flat?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Your daughter is super cute - the birthmark doesn't make her any less beautiful! To answer your question, it will probably grow with her but not grow BIGGER.
    Anonymous

• Thank u momof2. As soon as she was born thats the 1st thing DH said man I hope she doesnt worry about this when shes a tean asof now I say shes special thats why shes born with it..and of course if she wants it removed later we will but I never want her made fun of you know
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• it is flat completly flat
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• and thank u =)
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My dd is now 21 and has one on her upper chest so you can see it when she wears tanks and such. It didnt change her life, she was self conscious about it during her early teens. Her dd now has one also, under her arm, but its there. I dont think they are a big deal. If you dont make a big deal about it, she probably wont either.

Answer by gemgem at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Have you talked to the Dr about if it would be able to be removed when she is a teen...if she wants it removed?

My dd's is slightly raised..you can feel it with your eyes closed.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• momof2 leis feels like her reg skin nothing else its weird my son has one on his shoulder that is raised
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011