How much is too much?

When do you get to your wits end and just want to tell everyone to leave you alone and go in a dark quiet room?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is impossible to measure. It really depends on the day. Hold on!!!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It depends on so many factors.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Every 11 seconds some days.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• At least once a night. Usually close to bedtime. By then I've had about all I can take for the day. Some days I can collect it all and carry on. I know I'm absolutely over my limit (and probably PMSing) when I'm about to say a few things I'm really going to regret to my husband and/or kids and then...then I just turn and leave the room and literally lock myself in my room for a couple of hours until I've de-stressed some. If not I will say something and then people get hurt and it's not pretty.
    Most nights I go into my room anyway. As soon as my husband's home I'm in my room. Depending on when he gets home it could be until I have to cook dinner or for an hour or the rest of the night until I fall asleep. I'm a loner by nature and have noise sensitivities and the craziness of a husband, 5 kids and, sometimes, their friends around is way too overwhelming for me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Not as often as I used to, but probably at least twice a month. If it's not the dh or ds, it's our lovely canines =]
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I only get that way when there is mess! I am a neat freak, and I cget so stressed over "dirty" LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011