What is your best cleaning trick, and what is it used for?

I am wondering if other mom's might have any tricks on cleaning their homes. For example, toothpaste gets crayon off walls. Does anyone have any other cleaning tricks?

kristinmcd

Asked by kristinmcd at 1:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Adding tea tree oil to all of my laundry. It keeps everything smelling fresh and also disinfects the washing machine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Best cleaner for the showers is kamboo which is the only cleaner I have found to save scrubbing the shower, putting pillowcases with the sheets for the girls to find easy,magic erasers for cleaning walls and hard to reach places for the fridge and microwave.Cleaner soaking in the toliets while doing window and that cuts down on toliet cleaning.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• washing windows....vinegar and hot water and they sparkle
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I use a magic eraser for everything - I love them (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh, and tea tree oil will also take off any gummy residue left over from stickers or tape.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes I've also heard it kills mold too

kristinmcd

Comment by kristinmcd (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I will try that in my laundry!
    kristinmcd

Comment by kristinmcd (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes, it also kills mold. I have gotten so hooked on tea tree oil, I'm using it for everything. I used it on my son to get the sticky residue off of his arm from his hospital IV, and also to remove the rest of a temporary tattoo instead of scrubbing. It comes off effortlessly. I've been using it diluted as a skin toner. You can also use it in a spray bottle to disinfect hard surfaces. Using it in my laundry is my favorite though, especially in the towels. They come out smelling so good.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It's the best when you find something that you love! Where do you buy it from that isn't so expensive? I like Trader Joe's.

kristinmcd

Comment by kristinmcd (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I usually just go to Target. It's like 9 bucks for 2 ounces. That lasts me a while.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011