Has anyone ever had a mole removed and what were the results?

I had a mole removed today and then my arm stitched up. They said they didn't think it was cancerous but obviously they can't be sure. Have you ever had a mole removed and what were the results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have had several removed...they were all fine!

Did they remove yours b/c it looked suspicious? Mine were removed b/c they were large and I didnt like them...but they still send them off for testing.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• my son had one removed last summer on his neck.. he was only 1.. i never got the results so i am assuming it wasnt anything!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• They removed it because I said that it had got darker, I've definitely noticed it getting darker recently and the woman said that it was active but as I'm only 19 she said active moles were not uncommon. I did not understand a word she said!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Are you in the sun a lot or tanning bed....are you a darker skin tone....ethnic skin tone.

Sun can darken them and also ethnic skin tones can have darker ones.

It is probably ok.

I think by active she just means changing color, that would be my guess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Three. One came back precancerous and I had a little more skin removed. The other two were fine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I had one removed off my back several years ago. It was the size of a dime or even nickel. I got the same answer as you did and they had to cut out quite a bit more around the mole just to make sure they got any precancerous cells out. It came back that all was good and they got all the cells. My back itched for some time and I had to be careful about being out in the sun. Today I have to point it out for others to notice and the scare is quite small. I wish you the best!
    Saciajl

Answer by Saciajl at 2:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Nope, I literally spend no time in the sun as it's on my upper arm and is constantly covered too. I have pale skin but I do tan easily when exposed so I guess we'll see, thanks for the advice all!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I had one removed from my face, it had precancerous cells but I have had no other problems and have had a full body check by a dermotolgist.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011