Can you refrigerate bread dough overnight?

I am wanting to make cinnamon rolls, but I was going to make the dough for them in my bread machine tonight and then refrigerate it overnight and bake them tomorrow. Is this ok? or not? I'm not too sure.

kimmy73

Asked by kimmy73 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• it should be fine. I've even froze bread dough before. I make a big batch, some I let rise on the counter or in the fridge overnight and depending on how much dough I make, I'll freeze some. Just if you freeze it, you'll want to thaw it out before cooking it.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yep, it will be a slow rise, but it will work fine. Just do everything up to the cutting and putting the rolls on the baking pan, cover, and refrigerate. It will rise some in the fridge overnight, then set it out to bring to room temp and to finish rising before baking.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008