Who do you invite for a child's 1st Birthday Party?

This party list is getting out of hand. I don't want to offend anyone. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For us, it was just very close family, and a few close friends.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Just keep it close family. Your parents, his parents, your siblings and their kids and your hubby's. That's enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It was only my sister and her husband that was at my dd 1st birthday! Wasn't how I imagined it but it was ok for her! She had fun and that's all that matters!
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I only had our immediate family, and our closest friends. First off, the baby really doesn't understand what's going on anyway, and large crowds are only going to upset him/her. The first birthday is really more for the parents than the baby. I just felt I only wanted the people who were actually IN my son's life on a regular basis.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We just had immediate family. The first birthday is really for the parents. lol. A one year old doesn't care---they just want to eat.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Family mostly...1st birthdays are exciting but remember you are going to remember the party not your baby
    couzie139

Answer by couzie139 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I hear you! My daughter urning 1 Thursday, we decided only grandparents aunts uncles cousins no friends too expensive as well as too overwhelming for the baby! Happy bday to your baby!!!!!!!!!
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We did close family and some of the friends that have kids and attended my baby shower. It was a great turn out. We had 8 kids and 5 adults ! Perfect ! :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I invited everyone who came to my baby shower for her... My family and close friends...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I only invited my parents and grandparents. I had some people get mad at me, but it's not about them. I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy dd and her to not be overwhelmed. Of course when DH took dd to his mom's house for Christmas she threw a huge party with her whole family and friends there.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011