Why all the pink?

Am i the only one who is tired of everything being pink for baby girls? Do people not know that there are other colors out there? I went to go get some clothes for my niece out of her room and i swear it looks like her draws are filled with pepto bismol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always said that I didn't want to have lots of pink when I had a daughter, I am not a girly girl myself. But after have 2 boys and all that blue I gladly welcomed the change of pink! lol I agree though, there is too much of it. Some purple, light green and even some baby blue would be nice.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thats just how our culture is today. Pink is automatically a girl, but yellow can be a boy or girl. Same with green or purple.Kids are conditioned by who brings them up when they are little to like all pink or blue or whatever color.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Im not I love pink! But I also do purple like when I painted the furniture in her room one piece is pink another is purple. Pink is always going to be a cute color for girls.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• her draws?
    it just depends on your taste....but pink is perfect for baby girls,in my opinion. pink is great for grown up females too!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Pink is my favorite color, so im not tired if it.
    My DD room is hot pink with big white polka dots lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My daughter wore a lot of green, yellow, and purples when she was little because my favorite color is green and every one knew it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I love pink on my daughter! But with her red hair and blue eyes, I look for cute girlie things in blue too.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I hate pink. I think its a very ugly color. If I ever had a girl it would be Purple and Green.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The only reason I would dress a girl baby in pink is so no one would call her a boy :) My son gets called a girl when he is wearing blue, and he is a very masculine looking baby. It doesn't help that his favorite toy (that he picked from the store himself) is a pink stuffed animal :) But I'm not going to force society's views on him, if he wants a pink toy, he can have a pink toy :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I hate pink. I'm actually glad I'm having another boy, I seriously wouldn't know what to do with a girl. I know I'd definitely not dress her like she fell into a bottle of pepto bismol though.... Some pink is fine, but people go overboard sometimes.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011