How can i get...?

How i get my (7) kids to get along with my (3) step-children

Mom_2_JGHMA

Asked by Mom_2_JGHMA at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Force them to work together. Eventually they will come around. Good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Treat them all the same. Make sure they know you love them all the same, and will receive the same discipline no matter if they're step or biological.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Baahaaa good one! Sorry, but I laughed out loud at this one. I am sorry, but what you have is a small town going on. I have 5 kids and they don't always get along either. Is this a my kids against his kids thing or do none of them get along? Wow you sure have your hands full, I don't know how you do it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Have home rules posted and make sure they are followed. Also, my niece has a kindness chart in her home. The kids have to do the things on the chart and they get points or stickers for doing them. After a week or so they get a day out to the park, go out for ice cream, have a special meal, go to a museum, etc. It has worked wonders for them.
    Also, I saw on Supernanny that she had the whole family play board games and do it with teams. Alternate the team members so each child gets to play with a different sibling. This will foster cooperation among all of them. Lastly, make sure they get enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when they do things right.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• team building excersizes, GL
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011