Ok my 4yr old i believe

has gotten to big for her 1-4 carseat with the harness :( i wanted to keep her in it as long as possible but only lasted until now since dec.she turned 4 i didnt want nor do i still want her in just the seatbelt with back booster they dont look safe .......im scared so if some of you could tell me if they really are safe been and wreck and kids are ok ......i wanted the 65lb harness to put her in but my mom got this one http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Products/Travel/Car-Seats/Booster-Car-Seats/Details/2659-BC027ASW-Boost-Air-Protect-Booster-Car-Seat

ii wanted to return it but when my bf girls dad said we already had one when my lil one opened it up at christmas it hurt my moms feelings that he said that because she spent hours looking for what to get.but my ? is are they safe will she be safe i dont even wanna take her anywhere im scared i dont wanna lose her .....the video i saw on youtube wipped the dummy all around,and yes she is 4 and 36 lbs.she has become to tall for her 5point harness......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter had one of those and it was safe. i was never in a wreck with her in the car, but I've slammed on my brakes and went up onto a curve to miss a car. it didn't even bother the carseat. just make sure you get the seat belt around her tight enough or it's useless
    Terri102685

Answer by Terri102685 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I just have my 4 year old in a high-backed booster. I was really hesitant, at first, but she is really tall, and grew out of her 5 pt harness very early. My 2 1/2 is also in a high backed booster . He's tall and 42 lbs. I am still on the fence about that one, because of his age.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am like you -- My DD is almost 4 and her 5-point is getting soooo tight! But those little boosters look so unsafe -- We are just going to stay with the 5-point until the wheels fall off (so to speak) :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• if u hook the seat in u may get less chance of problems with injury in a wreck and they come with a strap to keep the neck strap from rubbing your kids neck and face while driving. dont forget ur car has side air bags
    I didnt see vidio but I bet it was an old car without air bags
    only frontal air back hurt kids
    ginhull

Answer by ginhull at 2:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• my van is a 2000...she sits in the middle of van.heres the video i was told to watch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2kO8AxKbrM
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011