VCR help needed please

could somebody help me. i want to record something off of tv on to a blank tape using my vcr. i dont know how to do that. could anybody help and let me know thanks. if you need to know i have cable and theres a digital cable box. thanks ahead of time.

Georgia_Momma22

Asked by Georgia_Momma22 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If it is a dvd/vcr combo make sure that it is on vcr and put your tv on channel 3 (or whatever channel you usually watch movies from the vcr on). You should be able to change channels using the vcr...if you can then put the vcr on the channel you wish to record (example, if you would like to record something on channel 5, press the channel changer on the vcr until it reaches channel 5). Once it is on the correct channel you can record by pushing the record button (this should be labeled). You may also be able to program the vcr to record automatically, but since all vcr's are different you may want to consult the manual on how to do that. You can still watch another channel while recording...simply switch your vcr from vcr to tv and your vcr will record the channel it is on while you watch something else. I hope this helps.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• thanks for ur help
    Georgia_Momma22

Answer by Georgia_Momma22 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2008