Any one else get mad at mother in law?

Ok here it is... My mother in law is diagnosed with so many problems, anxiety, and others. She is on meds and insists on everyone who is sick needs meds even if it is a minor headache. She even if nothing works will say u need to go to the hospital.
Example my husband was on pill for his anxiety and unfortunately he had a bad reaction, so he calls her up bawling and she says to him have ashley take u to the ER. I went and got gas so i could take him, i come back he already takes a pill to calm him down. So at this point she calls again and says are u going, i said yes but the ER docs will not do anything because he is now calm, they are just going to tell him to go see a Psychiatrist. She still insisted i take him, we get there the nurse checks everything and the Doc comes in says we can't do anything other than give u note so can rest and not go to work. His mom insists the ER doctor give him meds, he said no because he took a pill and he doesn't want to overdose or have an interference with the the pill he took. She was dissapointed cuz they didn't do anything.
But thats not all. She calls alot its like when the phone rings i know who it is with out looking at the caller ID, and usually i am right it is her. Then when she calls she can talk to my husband for hrs on end about her problems or his. But when i tell her my problems weather it was with me growing up since i lived a rough life or even the kids. She usually says to me i have to go like she doesn't want to hear it.
It just pisses me off so much that there a so many days when she calls i want to say stop calling, can u make it at least 2 days with out calling.
Then on top of that when i talk to her, she talks about one of my husbands Ex gfs and how she treated him and so on, and how sometimes he would have a better life with her since she makes quite a bit of money being a pharmacist. To make matters worse that Ex gf works in the same store as him, so my mother in law obliviously talks to her.
My own sons Haiden and Logan don't like her that much and they are 3 years and the other is 5months. She gets upset if Haiden doesn't give her a hug, but yet gives my mom a hug or kiss.
Sry i made this long, but i needed to vent on my mother in law

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like your MIL has M√ľnchhausen disease, or is a total hypochondriac.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If that is the worst you have to complain about,you are lucky!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sorry momma your MIL sounds like a piece of work, mine pisses me off when Dh and I have a disagreement she will always side with him and talk about me to everyone in the family, makes things much more worse than they are. I mean seriously we can be talking about a song and who sings it ,I can have proof I am right and she will still call me a liar and swear I treat my DH wrong, He gets his mouth open and tells her to hush and mind her own business and things will be just fine but goodness the woman is a gossiper and thrives on fighting with people. other than that I like her , lol
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• HAHA oooohhh the in-laws. Sometimes I thank God he has blessed me with wonderful in-laws.

But my Twin sister is not so lucky. Basically to put it nicely, Some people are just crazy, and there are mommas boys out there that makes you want to vomit and its plain creepy. I told my sister to write her MIH a letter and sit her down and read it together. So she wrote a letter on what was bothering her and let everything out. They seem to be better now that everything is out on the table..but of course still has her moments. GOOD LUCK
    couzie139

Answer by couzie139 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thankfully I've never had any inlaw issues.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm just waiting for my mother in law to die. I have never hated anyone so much in my life.

Anonymous

• ohh man, our MIL's must be related! SO's mom is a TOTAL hypochondriac! literally if she sees some illness on the news, she is at the doctor for it the next day, and on meds. she has a whole pharmacy in her house, wears a boot, wrist braces and sometimes even uses crutches...and the thing is, half the time she doesn't even really go to the doctor, she 'calls' her doctor in another state, and he tells her to do these things. she also ALWAYS talks about his ex, it drives me crazy, i don't give a shit about her, she's a shitty mom to their kid, that's why he lives with us. she secretly hopes they will get back together and still has pictures of her all over her house, they are bffs, she will do anything at the drop of a hat for the ex, but if we ask her to do anything, she can't for some odd reason. i'm pregnant, and SHE announced everything to everyone she knows and over facebook, after we asked her to keep quiet about it!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011