I'm looking for inexpensive birthday party ideas for my son who will be two in a couple of weeks. he didnt have a first birthday so i kinda wanted to make this one special but we're on a budget and there will be 22 kids and thats just our family combined. Any ideas anyone??

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• you could make it a fun party with craft projects for the kiddos. or check to see what walmart has for party supplies.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Make your own pizza party? I would guess that the kiddos are of all ages,, and you could buy some pre-made pizza dough, or make your own, let everyone pick the toppings and make a big deal of it,,,,Pin the tail on the donkey, or a pinata, it always a good idea!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The park would be fun, with a play area just for little ones. Check to see if your city requires reservations for the picnic table area. You can barbeque hot dogs and hamburgers and put all the condiments out on one picnic table and keep cold products in a cooler for everyone to grab. Simple and fun!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My daughters 2nd birthday was Sunday and I did it at our McDonald's they have a play place the kids loved it we were there for hours and there was 17 kids happy meal drink cake and ice cream and candaels and all kids get a goodie bag they also provide the plates and forked. I didn't have to bring anything but my daughter and it ended up costing about 60 bucks for the whole party not sure what your budget is but for everything it came with and you don't have to pay till u order the kids happy meals good luck and happy early birthday to your son. He will love it anywhere you do it for him
    Michala1

Answer by Michala1 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Love the make your own pizza idea :) You could get some pocket-less pita bread and use that instead of dough, too. It works really good :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• At 2 it's still more for you than him if you get what I mean...he isn't gonna remember it- so jsut make sure you get plenty of pictures, and a cake and asll should be fine!

It's not until they get a bit older that they care about themes and goodie bags and all that

maybe make it a pot luck birthday party? and you supply the space and the cake or something! also you can get a bag of ballons-blow them up yourself and hang them around for decoration- cheap and does the job!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If the weather is good maybe a park so they can run and have fun, have a pinata, a treasure hunt, If party at home can still the all other things but add a craft to make for easter since go close. Can check family fun for ideas. cake and ice cream of course. Meal idea might be burger and hot dogs since like my girls and do not like pizza. Of course treat bags with just little dollar stuff.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• hope this doesnt sound corny how about a big monster truck party...and what i mean by that is your decor is trucks of course but go to your local grocery store and ask for any empty boxes they can spare and you cut out tires and so on and the lil guys make they own home made power wheels truck and they are able to fit in the boxes and race and stuff...lord i hope i made this make sense
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 4:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011