Is this normal?

I have a 2 and 3 year old and i just found out im pregnant again ...yeah me :)...you would think i would be a pro at being pregnant by now but im still freaking out about every little thing... I am about 5 weeks pregnant...i havent been to the doctor yet because my doctor wont take me until im at least 10 weeks...I feel fine and im not spotting or anything but i am having cramps in my lower pelvic area off and on through out the day... is this normal? I cant remember if i had cramps this early with my other kids. Im under ALOT of stress so im just kinda freaking out about things.. Thanks for any replys..

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 8:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it's normal. As long as it's not severe, localized to one side of your pelvis, or accompanied by bleeding, you're cool.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It is normal. It's common to have cramping upon implantation. Try to relax and let go of as much stress as you can, that will help your baby too. Congrats!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My midwife told me she thinks that 3rd pregnancies are the hardest lol. It's normal to have a lot more cramping pains than you did with the first two, I would invest in a good maternity belt and start wearing it by your second trimester! Good luck mama, I'm in week 35 of #3 and I am READY to get this boy out!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Im starting my 5th week also and i went to the Dr today just to make sure im healthy. He/she should always take you in and make sure of that.. but yes cramping is normal in the first weeks.. Good Luck! iF things get worse just call him and tell you want to be seen.
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It could be a result of your stress! Also, make sure you're drinking some extra fluids, as too little can make things more volatile in there (like early contractions). Congrats! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008