Accidentaly bought not HE washing liquid!!! I bought a huge container,, is it okay to use?

Okay time to fess up,, I need glasses!!! I thought it said HE, but upon further inspection, regular laundry soap! Do I need to give it away,, could I water it down? Any help would be most appreciated!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 2:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• What am saying is do not use regular soap in an HE washer.. if it dose not brake the first time it will and it will void any warranty you have. the average repair is about 300 or more. they can tell when they take it apart to fix it. Ladies I am an appliance specialist .. can not tell how many people i meet who use the wrong soap. it cost no different for He soap and everyone is making it these days. here is an article on it .

http://housewares.about.com/od/sewinglaundry/f/hedetergentuse.htm

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 12:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• what is HE ???? can u not take it back with receipt????
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You can use it, just don't use as much as you usually do. The issue with non-HE soaps is that they suds more than HE soaps and the HE machines have a harder time getting rid of the suds. So use about 1/2 the amount you usually do. Don't water it down, just cut the amount.

Its no biggie! They aren't always well marked to begin with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I paid a lot of money for my front loaders. I won't use it if it's not HE.

Using regular detergent will likely result in washer errors, longer cycle times, reduced rinsing performance, and may result in component failures and noticeable mold or mildew. HE detergents are made to produce the right amount of suds for the best performance. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to determine the amount of detergent to use.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If you use it, use half the amount.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We should switch... I bought the HE and don't need it, plus I think it stinks. No chance you are in Western Colorado is there? :p

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• In the long run it's not good for HE washers, also the soap isn't the same as HE formula so it doesn't get washed out the right way. I'd exchange it for HE detergent if it was me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I always do that. I don't think it really matters.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't use it. I would take it back, if possible. Regular detergents create too many suds and can damage your machine. If you cut the amount of detergent, you may not be getting your clothes completely clean.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have used regular when we were SERIOUSLY broke...it's way cheaper. I think if you use one container it should be fine- jsut use a little less and make sure the next one is HE- or maybe go get some that IS HE and alternate them...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011