What do we need to buy?

My boyfriend and i have no experience with babies at all! Our familys arent supportive at all of my pregnancy so were doing this all on our own. My question is what exactly do we need to buy? I know the basics like a crib,clothes,food,diapers,that kind of stuff but what specifically would you suggest us getting or what do we need? Thankyou so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• check babytalk.com they have great lists and a pregnancy planner that is pretty cool.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• car seat
    swing
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Onseies, diaper bag, wipes, diapers (do not waste time or money on newborn diapers buy size 1), nipple cream, baby soap, baby lotion, you will need plenty of feminine pads for after, bottles, nipples (if you plan on bottle feeding), bottle brush and rack.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• bottles, baby nail clippers, bath stuff, infant medicine drops, pacifier, bottle warmer if bottle feed, car seat, swing, diaper rash cream, burp towels, bibs, can check list at babies r us. But buy as you need some the stuff and not all at once. sign up with web sites for free samples or even coupons.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well you also need like a baby grooming kit and thermometer you can get a kit with all the stuff you need at Walmart. Umm there is a lot more but I have as much experience with this as you lol but since this is my first child we are just getting stuff as we go along so we aren't overwhelmed when she gets here. But I would suggest going to like Babies r' us or Walmart or something and walk around the baby aisles and look to see everything they have =)
    MikaylasMom18

Answer by MikaylasMom18 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You dont NEED most the things baby lists you NEEDa car seat,diapers ( stock up on size 1)wipes,clothes (look @ used, onsies and footie sleepers)Q-tips,All-in-1wash,lotion.get on WIC if you are not on already it will feed you pregnant and nursing or formula if you choose not to nurse (I recommend nursing) a couple of bottlesI would suggest a pack-n-play instead of a crib they cost less, & more versatile and a lot now come with a bassinet and changing area. You wont need a stroller right away, but look for a front carrier or slinga diaper bag, but you might want to wait, a lot of times you will end up with a free one from the hospital.

pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Check resale shops and garage sales. Most thim time baby things can be bought for next to nothing and the things are like new. One thing I would not buy at a garage sale is a car seat. If a car seat has ever been in an accident then it shouldnt be used again and there is no way of knowing for sure unless you buy it new. The cute clothes that they have are not really practical for at home either. I had lots of onsies, sleepers and gowns. I also used alot of receiving blankets. Something that works well instead of burp clothes are dish towels. You can get really soft ones for cheap and can find them with just about any kind of print on the- tractors for boys- flowers of rabbits for girls. And dont go overboard on anything. One you dont know how big baby will be when he or she gets her or how fast they will grow. Good luck!
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• forgot about the stroller and then a diaper bag but if big enough purse like me that will work just as good.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Truth is you shouldn't go crazy and spend money needlessly.

Besides diapers and bottles, the only things you really need are a crib, a car seat and a stroller.
    Anonymous

• only thing im getting for this baby on the way crib swing hygein supplys clothes and diapers all that other dtuff is extra and never used my main thing is DIAPERS!!!!!!!
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011