What d you think when you see a kid dripping boogers without any kleenex in sight?

Every time I visit my friend her daughter has a drippy nose or a crust under her nose. Her lips are chapped and pink. Is there no such thing as teaching your kid to wipe their nose anymore?!?! And before you ask, she is three and fully capable of blowing/wiping her nose, but is never encouraged to or given the proper article to do it with (handkerchief and/or kleenex)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think, poor thing has allergys and the mom cant keep up....
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Aren't the questions extra judgy today?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would just ask her if she needed a kleenex and pull one out of my purse. "Oh sweetie, do you need a kleenex?" and offer one.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Hmmm maybe someone should post about something you don't do right with your kids...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I am with Zoejains momma.... I would just offer her one nicely and let it go.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We can't control them all the time. I am not a lazy mom but my son, who is 8, keeps a chapped mouth and lips. I constantly beg him to stop licking them and I apply special balm several times a day and he carries it around everywhere... but it still happens. Kids are kids and we can't all be perfect.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Gross. I mean you can't control them all but my boys can't stand a runny nose, and love tissues with lotion in them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• gross
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't think anything of it. I just offer one if the mama is busy. When your child has a cold, etc. It can be hard to keep up. My daughter right now has such a runny nose, I don't always notice quickly when she needs a tissue, she. Is 3 and knows how to, but she doesn't always take the time to stop playing to wipe her nose, lol inconvenient I guess for her. My 1 year old will tell me yucky and bring me a tissue and hand it to me if I don't notice quickly.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't think anything because I'm not about to follow my kids around all day to wipe their noses. It's their nose...if they want a slobbery mess running down their face that's their choice. Just don't come around me with it and don't expect hugs and kisses unless you wipe it first.
    Sometimes, especially with kids too young to take any kind of medication, there isn't anything you can do except maybe stick some cotton balls up there to keep it from dripping or just stand with a tissue in your hand all day which seems completely silly. I'm not going to sit with my 8mo and wipe his nose every 2 seconds until it's so raw he screams if he even sees a tissue heading his way. Won't do it for my older kids because they are capable on their own. We have boxes of tissues in every room. They can choose to use them or not.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011