Considering having #2...need opinions...

I have an 18 month little girl and i love her to death. she is the light of my life. but i have issues with myself...a little depression and anxiety...and sometimes i feel like a horrible mom. i get so frustrated with her and easily flustered. i have always wanted at least 2 kids and am considering getting pregnant again. does any other mom feel like she wants to rip her hair out but still want more kids? is it selfish of me to have more kids when i'm not at my best???

hannahsmommy513

Asked by hannahsmommy513 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't say it's selfish, but it may be unwise. Why don't you spend a few months working on your issues before taking on the added stress and hormone swings of another pregnancy? Pregnancy can make existing mental health problems much worse, so you're sort of taking a gamble if you get pregnant right now. If I were you (and actually, I could very well be you) I would start seeing a therapist regularly to get myself as mentally strong and healthy as possible before trying to conceive again.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I agree with BlueFrogMama. I would take the time to get yourself straightened out before adding a new baby to the picture. If you're feeling that way now, imagine how you'll feel when you have a newborn demanding all your attention, plus a 2 or 3 yr old wanting all of it too! Mine were 22 mos apart, and it was hard. My oldest wasn't quite old enough to understand that I couldn't help him RIGHT NOW all the time anymore, and he would get frustrated, then I would get frustrated, and it became a big mess sometimes! I don't think it's necessarily selfish to want another baby, more like an instinct. The best thing you can do is take the time to think about it and it seems like you're doing that. I would talk to your dr, maybe there's something he can help you with.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• have another one ...have as many as you want!!

i cant i have to get a hysterectomy :*(
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• and your NOT a horrible mom..
    LexsiesMommy