Do you feel your DH is to hard your kids but, not as strict on his?

Marciaplus5

Asked by Marciaplus5 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes.... My dh doesn't hesitate to say something to my kids for the smallest things but always seems to "not see" anything his kids do.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No, because my children were his, too. I did find though that my husband was a more strict disciplinarian than was I. I tended to let things slide that he wouldn't tolerate, but he showed no favoritism among the children. Since I hear similar complaints from many blended families, I think there has to be some truth to the old addage that "blood is thicker than water." And if that's true, there probably isn't anything that you or anyone else can do about it. The best you could do would be to explain this to your children, warning them to learn from their mother's mistake and try to wait and find the correct spouse the first time around so as to spare their own children a repeat of their own experience. I am a big believer in parents learning from their mistakes and teaching their children not to repeat those.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• sorry all of our 5 are together!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011