Question for Christian moms about the rapture

Does anyone else have a gut feeling that the rapture could literally happen any moment now? I realize there are world events going on that point to it happening soon but I'm talking about a feeling.

Court128

Asked by Court128 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have had that feeling for a couple months now.
    Anonymous

• No I do not get the feeling that rapture is a moment away. And according to scripture none of us will know.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No. Even as a Christian I don't believe in the rapture or "second coming" or end world theories...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Um no since it's a false teaching. That grew from the 1800's, that no one believed to, Jack Chick teaching it, then the Left Behind Series, Until the left Behind series most of the major Christians religions knew it to not be biblical. Yes he will come again. Yes there will be a judgement of all in heaven and on earth. But there will not be a magical secret rapture of the those here on earth. Also why would you want it to happen now? The end of the earth will not come until all have known God. So far that is a small part of the population.

daps

Answer by daps at 3:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree with meooma. It will be an unforeseen event.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It's not a theory. It's Bible scripture. The Bible states there will be a rapture. I don't quite understand how you could be a Christian and not believe what is written in the bible. Now there are different ways to interpret exactly how and in what order it will happen but there's no question whether or not it will happen.

Also I realize we're not supposed to know the exact moment it will happen because it's supposed to happen in the twinkling of an eye and unexpectedly. However God does give us signs in the Bible that are supposed to come to pass and a lot of them have already if not most.
    Court128

Comment by Court128 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't know. I agree the situation this world is in gets worse by the second, but I can't say for sure it is going to happen soon. I guess we will just have to wait on God. He is the Only One Who knows. Good question, though.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I didn't write this question to have a debate. I wanted to know if anyone felt the same way I did.
    Court128

Comment by Court128 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• "I don't quite understand how you could be a Christian and not believe what is written in the bible. Now there are different ways to interpret exactly how and in what order it will happen but there's no question whether or not it will happen."

lol, well there are many different ways to interpret the text, and not all of them have to do with a rapture or end of world scenario. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No it's not. Since I don't write an epistle try reading this. http://www.reformedonline.com/view/reformedonline/rapture.htm

daps

Answer by daps at 3:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011