So she thinks she is going to steal my babyname....

I anm due with a little girl in May, we have had her name picked out since we got pregnant ( we had a boy and girl name picked) ... and everyone has known what her name is going to be... we have several things with her name on it, her name is on the babyshower invites and the babyshower cake.... EVERYTHING....

My brothers girlfriend is also pregnant - due in September... she doesnt know the gender yet .

No one in the family can stand her she is very set on having all attention on her and she is just very annoying... her and my brother has moved to another town for his job so now we rarely see them, but I do talk to them atleast once a week ( her and I text each other at times throughout the week though) ... I KNOW she knows my baby's name....so it makes me soooo mad that she would even think of telling me that they decided if it was a girl they are using that name ( my brother said he never said he wanted that name, so she is just pulling that out of her ass) and when I replied " what? our kids can't have the same name" ... she acted like she had no idea that, that was the name we had chosen...

I know she is probably just doing it to bug me or to try and cause a problem...or to just get attention out of it, but it just makes me want to smack her.. this is the same girl who if we are out with other people ( usually my mom and aunts) ... and if a conversation is going on about something she will bring up something about herself that doesnt have anything to do with the convo --- just so she can talk about herself....

I quit texting her after that text convo because I was so annoyed... but now she is texting me asking why I am upset and yada yada ... I really just feel like telling her to get her head out of her ass and if she even realizes no one likes her because of how she acts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• dont fly off the handle to her face or over a text b/c then she will get what she wants. just roll your eyes, complain to your mom, SO, or someone else that will side with you, and let it go. you know she's just trying to irk you so dont let her win! she wants you to spend all your free time thinking & talking about her even when she's not around.

if you really feel like you have to say something, wait till she mentions it again and just say "yeah but if you did that there wouldnt be anything special about your kid. everyone would just think you copied me." say it somewhat jokingly and maybe she will realize on her own how stupid she's being or she will see that it doesnt bother you.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• honestly it's just a name, why get so upset over it? if it wasn't her using that name eventually someone else would have. apparently she likes the name you chose so much she wants to use it for her own child, consider it a compliment if anything that you chose a really beautiful name.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If your brother is with her, saying anything to her will cause trouble. Dont say anything to anyone about this. She just wants attention.
    Have your baby, and use your name... And then, if she is having a girl, and chooses to use that name, EVERYONE will say "___'s baby is named that. You cant give her the same name" and if she does, everyone will know she copied you... Just distance yourself from her, and let it pass. Ignoring her will make you feel better without the negativity, and make her mad. Lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'd just ignore her. You're having your baby before her, so if she DOES end up naming her baby the same, she'll look like a completely unoriginal copy cat.... Not worth getting upset about, IMHO.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ignore her and block her texts. She knows she's getting to you. Refuse to be "gotten."

And start acting THRILLED that she's choosing the same name. "Oh, the girls can share things!" Make it like the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED.

She'll change her mind.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't think it's possible to "steal" a name. When I was pregnant with my first, we wouldn't tell anyone what name we picked. My sister was also pregnant, due 3 months after I was. She said "If it's a boy, you had better not name him Ryan because that's what we picked if we have a boy!" I wouldn't have picked Ryan anyway (it sounds dumb with our last name), but I thought that was so stupid. She didn't even know what she was having. She ended up having a boy and a girl (twins) and later another boy, and none of them are named Ryan anyway. It's such a stupid thing to cause a fight over. Just name your baby what you want and don't stress over who else has the same name.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I def understand that! when i was pregnant with my son, this girl was also pregnant with a boy and we hung out a few times and i was with her when she found out she was pregnant. she was due 6 weeks before me and i told her i was going to name my son Ethan Tyler and then i see her after she has had her son, and i was still pregnant and i asked what she named her son and she said Ethan Tyler! I was like WTF, we just picked a new name for my son. You can't have 2 people's babies with the exact same name especially in the same family! i would def be irritated and upset about it because i know i was!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I learned to never put out name out there unless you want it copied by a friend or relative. I just waited and let everyone know the name when baby got here. Doesnt stop someone from using it though just keeps them from using it before you unless it was their own idea.
    And I wouldnt worry about her using the name you picked. Hopefully this girl will find someone else to copy before her baby gets here.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would keep the name.. is it the full entire name or just the first. if it is the whole name like others have said.. everyone else will give her crap for it later.. next time, keep baby names a secret so this doesnt happen lol learned my lesson the hard way as well with a friend of DH's.. still hate the woman for naming her son a name i picked out but.. I had a girl so whatever
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Its not the point that she is going to use that name... I KNOW she isnt going to... it is the point that she is trying to make me think that... My brother said that she is acting "stupid" ( our kids will be the only cousins they have, since she and my husband are both only children ... her nad my brother are suppose to be moving back to here soon, which means not only can the be raised close together but they would go to school together with the same names... it is just silly -- I know there will be other kids with the name but the fact that they are cousins and will be playing together that is silly) .... Also... my babys name is a mix of my husbands name and mine... It is like she is almost making a joke out of it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011