Download free music

Okay I've binged and googled. where can I go to download free music?......that isn't illegal.

Terri102685

Asked by Terri102685 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Technology

• Any free music is going to be illegal unless the artist is doing some sort of promotion on their website to download a song or two.

Downloading music such as on Limewire, which isn't around anymore, is illegal. It's people and members distributing and sharing music files and other files with you... illegally.

You have two options.

1. Buy the music yourself.
    2. Learn how to use torrents. But, the music WILL be illegal and you CAN get into trouble for doing it.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• All free music is illegal.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• well I found a site where you can dowload music to your computer, but it won't allow you to burn it to a cd without purchasing the music.
    Terri102685

Comment by Terri102685 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Stealing will always be illegal

Answer by rkoloms at 3:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• How about, instead of stealing (cause that's what it is), download from Amazon or Rhapsody? Rhapsody actually is a better deal (from what I've researched), but I download from Amazon. You still pay, but it's cheaper. And you won't get busted. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If it's free. Then it is most likely an illegal download.

Amazon... Itunes.. Rhapsody..... and others are your best bet for downloading music online.

If you do not want to pay for music. You can always get cd's from your local library and rip them.. I've done that more than a few times over the years.. Downloading online though, if there is no fee, not coming directly from the artist/publishers themselves, then it is most likely an illegal download..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011