So I am 6 weeks preggo with my third baby, I am already starting to show..... whats up with that?

MamaChamberlain

Asked by MamaChamberlain at 8:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it happens sooner every pregnancy, but 6 weeks? The baby is the size of a grain of rice?
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Lol, your body knows what is coming and is just getting ready early. It's not the baby protruding this early but it's your muscles already beginning to relax that makes you look bigger.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It's probably just bloating, since your baby is still itty-bitty at this point. But it is normal to show earlier and earlier with every pregnancy.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your muscles are more lax this time around, so they're letting everything "hang out" more sooner. Also keep in mind that you're probably not showing as much as you think. Most pregnant women think they're huge, when other people will be thinking, "Hmmm...I wonder if she's pregnant?" :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• lol i wish it was all just in my head and i'm in small maternity clothes!!! i am a small person pre-pregnancy, i am 5'6'' and 110lbs, and i'm currently 118 and look like i'm pushing three months, this is insane I ahvent even seen a doctor yet
    MamaChamberlain

Answer by MamaChamberlain at 9:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i was in little prego clothes that early also because i was bloated. its just being bloated your not literally SHOWINg from the size of the baby. it will probably go down in a few weeks and then you will show normal.
    Anonymous

• The books say that with every pregnancy your body is already stretched out in the stomach muscles, so it appears that your belly is round and bloated, but its not b/c the baby is that big (obviously), its just the body getting ready and having an easier time doing that!! Good luck!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• thanks everyone!
    MamaChamberlain

Answer by MamaChamberlain at 11:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• gas
    NEWMOMNADIA

Answer by NEWMOMNADIA at 12:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• IT's bloating.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008