Incomeathome.com???????

I seen a link on a facebook page "Proud too be a Mom" for this site. I states that a Mom makes money working at home with this site.

Do any of you do this?

I completed the form and paid the $9.95 for the packet but think I may have put that money down the drain. I looked online about this site and they say this is real.

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 3:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• When in doubt, ALWAYS check with the BBB.

Incomeathome.com is NOT accredited by the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/work-at-home-companies/incomeathomecom-in-canton-ga-27369270

Do realize that businesses will have 3-4 different URLs and websites so that they're known as one thing. If there is nothing on the BBB about them, then I have to assume this is a fairly new website and the others might have a tarnished past.

Next time, I'd look them up on BBB if I were you and ONLY get involved with a company that is BBB accredited.

GL and thanks for reading.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Even if they arent technically scams they are multi level marketing ... you only make money if you can get others to sell under you and THEY have to get other to sell under them ...Amway, Melaluca Herbal life (which is Incomeathome.com) to name just a few all operate that way.

My red flags go up with companies that make you go through coaches and trainers before you are ever told what you are selling.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I always look into credible websites like www.bbb.org
    I just checked on the BBB and it's not an accredited Business. I personally feel that you shouldn't have to pay just get information or receive a packet. I hope that the packet is well worth it, and you aren't getting scammed. :o) If you're looking to work from home, our Team has come up with a free training on what to look out for when looking to work from home. Visit: www.CEOTrainingVideo.com for a free training.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• don't have any personal experience with it - but in my experience stuff like that is usually a waste and probably information that is publicly available - they just repackage it. My friend always signs up for these things despite me reminding her over and over how she constantly wastes her money. I work from home and got the job through networking with friends - it isn't a job that is ever posted. I can tell you arise.com is a legitimate website and I do know 1 person who does it and loves but you DO have to pay to join and then pay for training but she's work on projects for Disney, cruise lines - it's all outsourced call center work basically. You can tell they are legitimate because they don't promise you the world - you have get incorporated or form LLC (easy takes 5 minutes and costs about 125 in florida anyway). I think their typical gig is anywhere from $8-15 per hour and you just have to weigh the cost. GL
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• con't and I agree with Razelda - 95% of these work from home websites are complete scams. I'm not sure I agree with BBB accredited because I've gotten screwed by plenty of BBB businesses and the BBB basically has done nothing so that doesn't guarantee anything. Always google whatever you are interested in i.e. "incomeathome.com scam" or "reviews" and you'll usually find out pretty quickly there are a lot of disgruntled people with past experience. If someone is promising you a work from home job for 9.95 - use the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true....it probably is"
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have used the BBB rule and it always works for us in this house hold. People who are truly pissed will file a complaint with BBB. The BBB works like this - If you have a complaint, file a report. If you don't get a satisfactory offer with your report, that usually gets them a negative score. It's basically a score the BBB has for them. Just because a business is ON BBB, does not mean it's accredited and it will state so. You can also see different letters, B-A-D, whatever... And those stand for the businesses grade. Even then, if you don't see that the business is accredited or not, then it's probably not and you should skip it.

The BBB does go over the reports and complaints against companies, and if the company is offering you a fair offer and you're declining, I am about 95% sure that doesn't go against the company.

But, while I work from home, I am my own employer. It's the best thing I've chosen to do for myself. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Lol, and 8. I don't agree with you with Googling either.

Yes, you should Google any business or any item that you buy, but it's really a matter of a few things. Did you read the fine print? Most people don't. They can be very naive and truly expect a 9.99 business to give them a million dollars. Did you fully understand what the business was offering you? Googling the business name will generally only get you two things. Very different reviews on a company that are much like buying an item online and you'll find some really pissed off customers lol. Everyone has a different take on it. Sometimes it might work for one person, while the next 20 it didn't because they didn't know to turn the sucker on.

You can Google and read reviews about any company or item out there, and you're going to find negative more often than the positive. That is why I like the BBB. Because it's generally handled in a much more civil way, and if the
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• business has been around for awhile, and there aren't any negative feed backs, then IMO you're safe.
    Razelda