We had to get rid of 1 or our dogs due to the baby, my sanity and my hubby is really grieving her, doesn't even want to hear her name? Yes, i was the one who initiated getting rid of the dog. Feel like the "bad guy" even though hubby realized why the dog was too much. Am I being dumb to feel like he resents this/me for insisting on the dog going?

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 3:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• OK seriously? Who are any of you to bash this woman for making a decision in HER OWN HOME? Regardless of the reason why she got rid of the dog.. To think that because of your posts she actually felt that she had to defend herself.. She was not asking for your opinion about the dog, nor was she asking every one to tear into her.. She was asking for advice about her husband.. What is it with people on this forum? Does it make it easier to be nasty and mean because you aren't talking face to face? How incredibly judgmental can you be??

Way to be supportive ladies..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• FYI Just cause u have a baby does not mean u need to get rid of the other member of your family. Can u get the dog back?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would be super upset - I agree with Dancer - pets are not disposable and if the dog wasn't vicious I just can't agree with giving it away. My SO knows how important our fur babies are to me and would never even think of asking me to get rid of them. He is allergic to my 17 yr old cat but he adores her and although I know we can never get another cat, he would never ask me to give my baby up.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My brother and sister in law had to do the same thing with their cat. My brother was heartbroken but he's fine now. I think your hubby will be ok. He's just sad right now. Best of luck!!
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Honestly? I would resent the HELL out of my husband if he even suggested I got rid of any of our animals... So yes, I can totally see him resenting you for making him get rid of a dog. Personally, unless a dog is vicious, I see no reason to get rid of it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would be mad too!!! What was the problem?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Maybe you could tell us why you had to get rid of the dog??
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Don't worry about it.. Give him some time and let him deal with it in his own way..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 3:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• This must be your first child.....I was you 3 yrs ago and gave away our two babys (our cats that we had for 3 yrs) because our little one was torturing them by pulling there tails and stepping on them and I regret it everyday even though I know they went to a good home and went togeather. Never give up an animal because you have children. I have cried many times over my babys and now we have a beautiful dog that we have had for 2 yrs and he has been wonderful with our 4 yr old and our 11 month old. If there is anyway to get your husbands dog back I would :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks for all the support, guess I should have clarified why we had to get rid of the dog before I posted the question. Wow, now not only does my hubby resent me but all you animal lovers too. Not that I am not an animal lover, I am but to an extent in that the welfare of my human child comes before those of my canines. We did keep on of our rescue dogs but she is older and very calm. The dog we got rid of was a fence jumper, killed a neighbors 10 year old toothless cat, was destructive (lost many a pillow, chair legs, clothes to her teeth, and her dog beds and at 60 bucks a pop and she was on her 3rd one, she was getting expensive and she destroyed anything we tried to plant in the back yard including two gorgeous red maples that someone gave me...those suckers are 200 a pop and in one instant, gone and destroyed), would not listen, pulled me to the ground while I was pregnant and walking her
    dakotafriend

Comment by dakotafriend (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011