Does anyone know a website that sells yarn, arts and crafts stuff wholesale? Or is more direct buy? Went to Joanne's the other day and was shocked at my receipt for not a whole lot o'yarn.

dakotafriend

Asked by dakotafriend at 3:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• well i don't sew but i know my mil when she buys yran she buys it from the store big lots where you can get it really cheap..
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 4:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• WEBS (yarn.com) gives you 20% off is you spend over $60. You can also check Ebay and see if you can find mill ends anywhere.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Also, I have found so many brand new craft supplies at garage sales, and even on craigslist for cheap or even free..... People think they're going to do crafts, buy a bunch of stuff, and don't end up using it......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm a decorative painter and found that using wholesale sites can be upfront, very expensive. I say that because you usually need to purchase a minimum which can be about $200 or so and some ungodly amount of product. It may not be that much for yarn but let your fingers do the walking on the internet. Also, do take the advice of the other posters above me- they would've been the other choices I'd suggested. Check out createforless.com and there are other websites listed below it if you do just a search for them instead of typing the address into the browser.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Post an ad on Freecycle for yarn.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• try knitpicks.com, there are other websites. Check out thier prices. I can't remember them all right now.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i would also say yard sales or craigslist.my mom ended up buying a ton of yarn and cross stitch stuff that i bagged up and donated to goodwill. I also thought later i would crochet,and i did a little.i bought some whole brand new yarn skeins at yard sales,an entire bag and only had $5 in the whole overflowing bag.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 9:02 AM on May. 11, 2011