New diet

So I started my diet today I want to get down to 130 pounds which is my before baby weight which im guessing will be at the end of summer. Im going to do a thing of fruit for breakfast, a slim fast shake or bar for lunch and salad for dinner with mini 100 calorie snacks at the most twice a day. And Im going to cut out soda and junk food which is huge for me. Today I went on a walk for about a half an hour and then did 100 sit ups on my exercise ball and 20 female pushups. Im very out of shape! Ive got up to 195 pounds and i feel its time to go on a serious get healthy and fit diet. Does anyone have any tips for me and do you think by doing what im doing I will be able to get alot of weight off by the end of summer?

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I defintely think you can do it! I started running about 6 months ago to get in shape for my wedding in April. I've lost some weight but mostly firmed and toned (which was my plan). I think if you stick to your diet and your workout schedule you can achieve any goal you have!!! Good luck!!!
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think you can do anything you set your mind to. Looking at your plan for what you're eating, make sure it's not below 1200 calories and think about having more variety. If you were to eat that every day, it would get kind of boring which is a big reason many people come off diets. Plus, you need to have more protein, especially in the morning which will help boost your metabolism. Having just fruit will not satisfy you in the morning - try some greek yogurt with a little flax seed and berries in the morning - the protein in the yogurt and the fiber in the berries will help you stay full longer. Try sparkpeople or my fitness pal for ideas and support.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• that might kill you and you might have starvation pains then it will cause you to fail. i would definetly add protein..jprotein is suppose to help with losing weight like start your breakfast with an egg, im a member of my fitness pal and it shows how much protein, fat and calories you can have for the day...i even added sodium, you shouldnt have much sodium in a diet
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• GOOD FOR YOU! I would like to also suggest, you stay away from the "100 calorie' snacks. Keep your grocery list/menu/food items, to only the outside perimeter of the grocery store. Anything that has more than 7 grams of natural suagr, should not be eaten. No chemically enhanced products, this would include your shakes. You can get better results simply by eating breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch. mid afternoon snack, and dinner, stopping all foods 3-31/2 hours before bed. Drink water,(not carbonated), and only drinks that contain the same amount of sugar...tough but is doable. I have not had a sods pop since I was 19 yrs old, and I turn 50 this summer! My sancks consist of fruits, nuts , homemade peanut butter, nutella(occassionally), and thats it. Upon a rare occassion, I will share a desert with Hubbie when we eat out...which is maybe 2 times per year. The rest of the time, everything is homeade, even pudding, CJ
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Good for you just keep moving... don't the Slim Fast shakes products have alot of sugar in them? GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• try weight watchers, you don't starve yourself and it is so much healthier for you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Like the pp said that will get old after a while. Just eat in small portions, include your fruits and veggies. Throw in some exercise and drink alot of water. Good Luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I know it will get old i guess this is just a starting out plan since i think them shakes are nasty!! they are loaded with sugar too so I dont see entirely how they are healthy but Ill try it for one meal a day it is supposed to be two! Maybe I could add an egg in with the fruit in the morning to. I work early in the mornings and thru 1pm at the ymca's daycare place so I also have a free membership there which I plan to use as the weather gets warmer but bringing the kids there twice a day would be to much for them. Im also a fulltime college student so Im always in a rush but Im going to do this!! I want to loose 70 pounds by the end of summer I think I would feel alot better about myself to right now I just dont want to do anything so Ive been pushing myself a little because Im embarrassed about my weight and need to do something. And my kids need a healthy mom to and I work at the ymca i better get in shape!!
    jaelynsmama07

Comment by jaelynsmama07 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That's a good start. I think it helps to cut down on porrions of food you like to eat. Eat half of what you ordinarily eat.
    And eliminate the sodas/pop and desserts and white flour products such as bread and buns. And NO FAST FOOD!!!
    Good luck! When you lose the weight you will feel SO GOOD and so light! :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Jusr make sure your calories don't go below 1200. After you lose some weight you might have to up your calories to keep losing weight.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011