Diva cup and menstrual cup mommas...question please. adult content

I have been using the Instead cup for 4 months. I love it!

Just a question about blood consistency though...here comes the graphic.

Up to now, the blood was somewhat runny. This month, it was thick like syrup. Never noticed it like this before and I was an avid tampon user so never paid attention or noticed.
I am sure that this is normal but what causes the thickness to change?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• Dehydration also plays a role, as well as diet, and hormone flux. It's normal, I experience it at the beginning and end of my cycle when I am flowing less and the blood has time to "age" before it descends.
    I've always been an OB woman, but I absolutely LOVE my Diva Cup!!! I will *NEVER* go back!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm not sure, but before my ablation I noticed that during the months when I had a lot of pain, the blood had a different consistency, almost stretchy, if that makes sense. And no clots. During the months when I had no pain, it was watery and had clots.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You might be waiting too long to change the cup. It also changes consistency through your cycle as the blood gets older.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I want to use the Instead cup so bad! My friend swears by it, but I just can't figure out how to use it :(
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It does take some getting used to.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• CraftingMama...the first day I change it in 5 hours. This time it wasn't very full but it was thick. and it was on the first day that it happened.

My last cycle, evertime I changed it, it was like dumping water into the toilet each time.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011