What's the difference between Arthritis and Tendinitis?

Went to my primary doctor and he said i have Plantar Fasciitis in my feet.. He said it's from standing alot was the main reason. I stand alot for my job (a server). He referred me to a podiatrist and have x-rays on my feet. I went and saw one this morning and she said I have Arthritis in my right foot. The top of my foot feels like alot of heat and the back of my calf hurts. She told me a medical term and told me i have to go physical therapy and did'mt put 2 and 2 together. The physical therapy referral paper says i have Archilles Tendonitis. So i have both Tendinitis AND Arthritis in my foot!!!! WOW

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 4:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• Arthritis involves the joints, such as your knuckles. Tendonitis affects the tendons, which attach your muscles to your bones.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• arthritis is the cartilage between joints,tendonitis is inflammation of the tendons
    Anonymous

• Arthritis is a deterioration of the joint and is a progressive disease and tendonitis usually results from injury and you can recover. Tendonitis is where the tendon itself gets inflamed and sore where it meets the muscle but can be anywhere along the tendon.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Tendonitis is inflammation where the tendon connects to the bone. Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that results in inflammation of the joints. Both can be very painful.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yep Yep ALOT OF PAIN
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The difference is that tendinitis is the inflammation of Tendons while Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints. See also DePuy Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 12:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2012