How long befor your due date did you work or how long did you have left till your due date befor you took your leave?

How long did you work up till before you took your pregnancy leave one week two a month exc? whats the norm?

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i work up to the day before..i didn't have any problems so i was able too
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 4:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm working up until the day I have our son. We are buying a house and we need the money for the new baby and new house.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I worked up until the day I had her and as with poster above - no issues. I was happy to have the distraction.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I stop working 2 wks before due day, b/c I don't feel good any more. At first I tho i can work till the end. Also, I don't get pay until maternity leave starts so I almost work till the end.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well, with my oldest I worked until the Friday before he was born (he was born on a Tuesday.). I was overdue at that point, and had not dilated, so I had no idea he was going to come that soon. lol

With my youngest, I was a stay at home mom, so I didn't have to stop working.

When I was pregnant with my oldest and asked my doctor when I should take leave, her response was that I should do it when I felt it was necessary. Whether that was 2 months before he was born, the day before he was born, whatever. She said as long as I was comfortable working and had no complications, I could keep working. So I don't think there's really a norm for it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was working in the morning and went to the hospital in the afternoon. I felt fine so I kept working, I wanted to save my time off for after the baby as much as I could and it worked out for the best.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was being induced due to gestational Diabetes and my last day was on monday and I went in wednesday to have the baby.. 37 hours later ...baby came..:)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Same as the first poster. I went back after 6 weeks. I really think it helped with my labor and delivery. I was at a job where it was go, go go. It was my first pregnancy, and total was 6 hours. I was ready for a long haul because they say your first is at least 12 hours. If you can work, do it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• iquit whenever i was like 2 months lol..i worked 3rd shift so yea pretty darn hard..
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• With my first, I worked until 3 days before my due date. I was planning to go into work following a doctor appointment, but got sent to the hospital to be induced instead. I took about a 6-week leave. With my second, I worked until 2 days after my due date. I had about 8 weeks off.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011