Would this offend you if your mom said this about your baby?

I had my daughter 11 months ago and my mom hasnt seen her much for one because she lives 5 hrs away and then two we dont have a very good mother daughter relationship if theres one at all. But last night on the phone she said that my daughter wasnt as near as pretty as I was when I was little and befor she has said that my daughter is too thin and that I was such a chunker at that age (which in her eyes a fat baby is much cuter then a thin baby). However she has also shared with me that my pediatrician told her that she was over feeding me when I was a baby cause I was always throwing up in the middle of meals or right after. Both of my kids are breastfed and my 11 month old is still nursing and I only feed them what they want to eat. I will never force them to eat if there little tummys are full but would any of this offend you expecially when she said my daughter isnt near as pretty as I was.?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all moms think their daughters are the prettiest. blow it off.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes i wouldbe!!
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• that would offend me for sure, its like saying her grandchild is ugly! VERY rude.. :( i am sorry
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That's really quite rude of her. Maybe she isn't aware of how she sounds...not very smart,in my opinion,to tell you that.
    I'm sorry!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I apologize that I think this is funny. But my parents told me that I was nowhere as cute a baby as my child is. And looking at photos, they're right. Truthfully I wouldn't think anything of her comment. But feel free to tell her to shove it if it bothers you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think there is probably a good reason you don't have a good relationship.. I wouldn't be bothered if MY mother said that however we have a great relationship and I know it would be meant only as a compliment and not a negative which I assume your mother is just trying to get under your skin somehow
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• call her and tell her it hurt your feelings.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would be. It's one thing to think it but another to have the bad manners to say somethign like that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think maybe you should just call her out on it.. and ask her if that was supposed to be a compliment.... Let her know the things that hurt your feelings, and you might be able to repair some of your relationship! :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think it's much ado about nothing. I happen to think chunky babies are the cutest, it's a matter of opinion really. Besides you are her DD I see nothing wrong with her thinking her DD was beautiful, just as you think your DD is beautiful.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011