Becoming a Party planner?

I've got a creative mind and love to plan parties. My husband thought about me being a party planner. I've done a few things and people love them but my question is...... Is there money in being a party planner with this economy? I know it's worth it because I really enjoy it and I can work from my home which means I can be with my baby girl still.

How do you become a party planner? what are your ideas about working at home and being a stay at home mom/wife?

Thanks! :)

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 4:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I love to plan parties too, but I just do them for our Family. I honestly wouldn't know how to start your own party planning business though. Perhaps you can start by asking Parents in your neighborhood. I do work from home and I love it, but it's not party planning. I think it's great when Moms can work from home and still be able to be with their family. I personally feel it's the best of both worlds. Hopefully you will get better tips from other Moms on here.

Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i thought about this as well for a little while and from the research i had put into it you need to get a name....tax id number, photos of things you have done or think you can pull off so you can show your potiental clients, you should make a web page, you need a date planner, business cards, and ready to pass the word of mouth of what you can do....oh also you might want to go ahead and get come bakeries, dj's ballroom,already line out that you can work with and trust and build you a team..i wish you this best of luck on this...you go girl!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks! Yeah being a stay at home mom is a job in itself. It just doesn't bring in money. I'd like to support in some ways as well. :) I love being at home with my child. It's the best bonding ever!
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I thought about doing this as well. I agree with mztxdelta. Also, you might want to take a couple business classes. You can find a job with agencies, but that might not let you work from home. I'd love to know how it turns out. I'd love to stay home with my baby and still make money. lol Good luck!
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sounds like you are organized, social and have an eye for details - have you thought of becoming a consultant with Passion Parties? That's what I do, and I love it... provides me enough $ to stay home during the day with my DS.
    Alisa415

Answer by Alisa415 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You can make any business a success so long as you work hard at it and do your reasearch before you get started.  I encourage you to join my business group and ask all the business related questions you have.

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If you love it then do it! You know you have what it takes. Good Luck! You will be AWESOME!
    angela627

Answer by angela627 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011