Let's say that Jesus really did exist...

Do you think he'd promote evolution had he known about it? I do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Yes I do because he would be a fair and just man who would look at the MILLIONS of years worth of evidence :), he would also love milky way candy bars and really like to bowl.......since we are talking about fairy tales here!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm one of those crazy science nerds who just so happens to also be Christian. I don't think that anything we know about evolution and the big bang means there is no God. The more I explore science the more I have to believe in intelligent design. Too much precision to be coincience.

I think that if Jesus were around today he'd be more concerned with how we miss the point of the bigger picture in worrying so much about the details.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 6:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think he would be a smart man and would see that things evolve over time in order to adapt and move on.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't think he would deny what science could tell us about the world around us, evolution included. But I don't believe he would have cared about it, in terms of it being irrelevant to his message. I don't think that his message and the concept of evolution are incompatible, or that he would have been concerned about the idea, if that makes sense. He came to teach about God and love and compassion, etc. He wouldn't have needed to touch on evolution, though I'm willing to believe that if he were around today, or had known about evolution back then, he would tell those who argue against it that they're missing the point....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I believe Jesus did/does exist and if you mean promoting evolution as to how everything came into existence instead of his Father creating everything, no

Do you know what evolution states? It doesn't even touch upon "creation" it merely explains the changes among a species from one generation to the next over the course of time.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Not all think Jesus IS god. Just sayin!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Lots of people named Jesus exist, and I am pretty sure some of them probably promote evolution. Do I think Jesus of Nazereth would have promoted it?? Probably since God allegedly created ALL things, evolution would have to have been one of them. Things adapt and change even on a basic level. Some forms of bacteria have "evolved" and are now resisitant to certain antibiotics. So it should hold true to more complex lifeforms as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No, not if He existed the way I've read about him. But see, I believe He existed.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What Bandgeek said-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I believe that there was a man called Jesus who really did exist. As an intelligent human being, with the advantage of schooling, I think he would have believed in science, were he alive today. The Jesus of the Bible, as part of the Trinity, would have to believe it if he had been the one to create the world, but not say anything because he would be the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, one of which, a least, has a stake in keeping the masses believing the version of creation that's supposed to be his "word" in the Old Testament. In other words, Jesus the man would probably appreciate the value of science and scientific theory, but Jesus of the Holy Trinity wouldn't admit to knowing it if he wants people to continue to believe the story of creation as told in Genesis.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2011