What are good themes for a 1st birthday for a girl?

My baby will be 1 years old in august ( i like to plan ahead)!

I have a few ideas...but wonder if they are too much? Birthdays are a big deal in the family.

Royal princess party....all the little girls can wear princess dresses.
Minney Mouse party...like disneyland
Sesame Street party... More Elmo
Barney party...
Just ideas in a nutshell...i have more ideas for each theme but I would like others opinions...

What did you do?

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 4:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did a butterfly theme for my daughter. i made a butterfly out of cupcakes an such. it was super cute.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• DD's birthday is two weeks before chirstmas so her first party was a HUGE christmas party for neighbors and friends. Id do something a bit more low key and do a theme for later years
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I went with an overall butterfly . I made a large butterfly cake and put that on top of a 16 in round cake and we did a potluck lunch at the park. We are broke and again this year it will be at a park with a cake that I make at home and we will invite some family and friends and again this year we will ask for NO gifts.

The recession has hit our friends and family hard so we have asked for NO gifts at her Birthday b/c she has all that she needs and we have a little place.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Baby Minnie Mouse! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I did a Polka Dot Safari theme for DS, but I think a polka dot theme would be great !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Okay Thanks! I'm going to keep these ideas in mind! :) I'll talk it over with the hubby :)
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i wouldn't go out of your way just some balloons, may be streamers, and family and friends
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i had no theme for her first birthday. the theme was just balloons and cake. it was so low key that this year when she was 2 she had a theme and it was so much better. why not a luau theme. its august. do you have alot of kids coming? and have little events like balloon toss for the kids ect. grass skirts. can dress up little hula princess. my dd is born in march so not much can do . but she will have plenty of parties with themes. anything you do will be great. its about her and not the theme. just have fun.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2011