When do kids go from a crib to a bed?

At what age do children go from a crib to a bed? Is it jus a sign or is there a specific age/weight like carseats?

I just want to be prepared and be on the safe side. :) Thanks!

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• No there isnt a set age for it, usually when your little one starts climbing out of his/her crib is a good time to transition to a toddler/twin bed.

My oldest was 2 1/2, my middle DD was 20 months and my youngest is only 13 months old so she is still in her crib. My oldest went from crib to twin bed with a safety rail on it and my middle DD went from crib to toddler bed. It just depends on what you and your child are most comfortable with. Good luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I switched DD at 18 mos. Her legs kept getting caught in the crib rails.

DS I plan to switch sooner, maybe 15 mos. He's a BIG BOY, so I am sure he'll be good by then. Besides, he hates his crib and sleeps better in my bed right now...ugh. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• it's just when you think they are ready.. my oldest didn't get a "BED" until she was almost 3 my youngest moved to a bunk bed before she turned 2.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Okay thank you so much! I've just been talking with other moms and I guess it just skipped my mind. I saw some toddler beds and now i'll just keep them in mind and wait and see until her and I are comfy with the switch. Thanks!!
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Each kid/situation is different. My oldest was 2.5. He loved his crib but we needed it for the next baby. Our youngest was about 19 months when he started climbing out of the crib
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011