In Texas, Pole-Dancing ... for Jesus Who says the two can't go together?

(Newser) – If you’re religious, you might feel a little bit uncomfortable about strutting your stuff on a stripper pole. But what if you were doing it for God? In Texas, you can do just that at a class called “Pole Fitness for Jesus,” Fox News reports. Every second Sunday of the month, female churchgoers file into a fitness studio and slither around poles to “upbeat contemporary Christian music,” says the owner. “We basically are just continuing the whole worship thing here,” she explains. “I don’t teach women to be strippers.”

“I think it’s a fabulous thing. I was raised around religion,” says one student. “My parents were very religious and it’s a great way you get the stigma off. It’s not just dancing on a pole. You have music and you have girls together working out and it’s a different kind of workout.”

http://www.newser.com/story/114697/pole-dancing-for-jesus-texas-studio-offers-racy-classes-for-churchgoing-ladies.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just love how people here are justifying bumping and grinding on a pole b/c it's "for Jesus". Yet point a finger at girls who do it for the money.
    I can just imagine Jesus' face had a prostitute offered to do a pole dance for him! LMAO!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• "Its a great way you get the stigma off."

Oh... I'll bet it is!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Grinding your crotch on a pole makes Jesus happy. Didn't you know? LOL Man, I gotta get out of this state...
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• wow.. taken way out of context. they are exercising with a pole to religious songs. they aren't taking off any clothes or practicing their lap dance techniques.. good for the church getting more people to exercise!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• LOL! O.M.G.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• WOW
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• HILARIOUS!!
    ayatzi

Answer by ayatzi at 5:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• OMG that is hysterical! Love it! Stippin' your way to a cleaner soul!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Grinding your crotch on a pole makes Jesus happy.

Oh. My. Goodness.  That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.  I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read it.  My keyboard is already having enough problems without me spewing liquid all over it!

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• 1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV
    So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011