Is this being mean?

I have a baby and she's at the stage of crawling and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!

We have her cousin around a lot and her hands are constantly in her pants (front or back) and she touches all the toys (hers and the babies toys)

Would it be rude of me to take the babies toys and put them up away? I'd only take down 3 toys for my baby to play with (wash them down before she plays with them)

I'm just so worried about my baby getting sick when her cousin takes the babies toys away from her and plays with them...just knowing where her hands have been ....and then my baby goes to them and it goes straight to her mouth!!

What would you do in a situation like this?

We've done so much to stop the whole hands in the pants thing...I need help because I don't want my baby to get sick either.

B00boo

Asked by B00boo at 4:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Not at all...and If I were the mom of the cousin I would tell you to do it....

My dd does the hands in the pants thing...cant stop her either! Blue jeans help....b/c they are tighter than sweat pants.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• no that wouldn't be rude at all.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'd keep toys out that don't have batteries so I could soak them in some clorox water after they left.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That's what I'd do too!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• no but i would ask why the cousin is so into the hands in the pants thing.. none of my kids ever did that.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• no its not rude! i would do the same.. thats gross!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would put them up to keep things sanitary. As it is, my son is only around us and we only have a few toys out at a time so he isnt overstimulated.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Not rude at all. Ewww.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Okay thanks! Her dad is the one raising her and he gets like all mean about toys and what is a natural thing blah blah blah. I'm going to do that then...

I have no idea why she does the hands down there either? I've asked her so many different questions about it, tried telling her its not lady like, all sorts of things but nothing!

So i'll go ahead and do this tonight.
    Thanks!!!
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I don't have so many toys out for her. They are suppose to be in the toy chest but the cousin always goes in there and grabs them all out!
    B00boo

Comment by B00boo (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011