Does your DD or DS help you with dishes, and/or cleaning?

Do they wear rubber gloves (if you do)? What age? What jobs do they help with?

girlyprincesskt

Asked by girlyprincesskt at 4:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• my son loves to help but i only let him handle the clean plates and i help his hands before it we also make cookies and does great with being only 20 months
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My kids both have little jobs.

Picking up toys, bringing me their dirty cloths, folding towels, wiping the table down....teaching my son to put laundry and soap in the washer now....

My dd is 5 and my ds is 7
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have plastic cups, plates and bowls for the kids.. after they are washed the kids put them away. we dont wear gloves unless I am using some killer chemicals and at that time the kids are NO WHERE near. They put away their own laundry, clean their rooms, pick up toys from other rooms, water plants.. my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 2, they are great helpers!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• When we're getting ready for company, the three of us who are family members work together to get things ready.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 8:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yes he does
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, they help, no they don't wear gloves (neither do I) and they have been helping since they were old enough to follow me around.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• well they are SUPPOSE to take their uniforms off when they home from school and lay them nice on their beds..put their dirty clothes in my wash pile in my hallway and put their dishes in the sink and left over food (depending on amount) in the trash. my 5 year old like to help sweep and vacuum. but she doesnt do it often. they dont wear gloves...but i dont either. all the big stuff cleaning the bathroom, washing floors i do...
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 12:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• they are 7 and 5. sometimes i get tears and attuides instead. gonna put together a chore chart so they can earn some cash at the end of the week...
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 12:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011