How do you get DH to agree to something he doesn't want you to do?

Let's say you are a SAHM. You are married and have three kids. You are also a singer. It's something you love. In the past you would sing in competitions for money, and actually won quite a bit. However, the competitions are in bars, at night. DH doesn't want you to go. You've also been asked by other musicians to join their bands but have turned them down because DH won't allow it. This is not some stupid childhood dream, it's a hobby that can pay well. How do you get DH to agree to pursuing this at least occasionally?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• you should always follow your dreams take him along for a while so he sees what its like its probably nothing like what he sees in his head
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 5:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would first look at places that aren't bars.. the fair or something where he and the kids can see.. just work him up to the bar later.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Is he your husband or your Master? He WONT allow it? Really?? Get your's or his Mom to watch the kids and just GO. So what your a SAHM???? Your NOT allowed to have a life or peruse things you love because the hubby doesn't want you to? I'm sure there are things HE does YOU dont like or dont want him doing, like porn, video games, fishing, golf or getting drunk with his buddy's.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• In a way, I can understand why.. Maybe a protective thing. Maybe just start out doing something in a different area or have him come with you. It would be nice if the kids could see you sing. :)
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If there were more places to go to sing, I'd happily go and take my kids. They love music. DH has been to competitions before and he was always supportive. We can't always get a sitter, so he doesn't want me to go alone.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011