Where the hell does she get this idea that she is my child's stepmom? long rant and explicit language =/ adult content

out of curiosity - in your opinion - does a woman who married a man who abandoned his child make her that child's stepmother? long story short, ex left us when i was pregnant, came around a handful of times before our daughter turned 1, left again, saw her once when she was 3, and hasn't seen or talked to her since. she will be 5 in October.

i have had such turbulence dealing with this scorpion woman. she got with him when i was still pregnant. then when he stopped coming around when she was 1, they both used to harass me. calling and texting all hours of the night, he actually had the audacity to say i didn't deserve to be her mother, SHE did. and she swore up and down she worked for social services, yet they met working together at Boston Market? what's a woman with a college degree doing working there?

since the day my child was born ive heard nothing but threat after threat that they have 2, 3, a zillion lawyers who will be suing me for custody. this letter im supposed to be expecting in the mail is about 4 and a half years late.

ive put as much effort as i could into having him be a part of her life. but it came down to he just didn't want to.

this bitch decided to make it personal when last year she called my daughter a "bastard child" and that my other children (mine and DH's children) are "reject children". she didn't want her daughter (her and my ex had a baby last year - having the balls to give her my child's name as a middle name) around me and my reject children. all kinds of fucked up shit.

so i am curious, how many of you have to deal with psychotic sociopath women like this who get some crazy idea in their head that they have some kind of right to your child? now under different circumstances, had he been around consistently and she didn't come off as a cunt, i would have respect for her as a stepmom. but when you personally insult my children, all bets are off and you are pretty much dead to me.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• it happens.. even the crazy people have to dream.. i mean she is your daughter's step mother but i would just ignore them both.. like you said 4.5 years late for a letter.. crap talkers and drama whores thats all they are.. you are better than that ignore them and focus on that beautiful child of yours!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• wow you just explained my moms and dad situation with me and my brothers being your child. Its hard and those kind of women never stop their crazy. My dad and step mom made up all kind of crazy stuff about my mom and made her loose custody of us. Just hang in there be a good mom to your child and your child will see the truth.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 5:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Restraining order on her. And get a child support order on him if you don't have one. That doesnt mean he has rights to see the kid but it means he will be financially responsible for them.
    Anonymous

• Creepy, bizarre, passive-aggressive are all words that come to mind. So sorry you have to deal with this. A true step mom would never do the things you describe, a true step mom only wants in the best interest of the child and the family unit as a whole. She sounds like a freakin viper and I would do anything I could to limit her involvement. She obviously has never acted in the best interest of the child - screwing the sperm donor does not a step mother maketh. Stick to your guns girl.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My son's father was with a woman for 7 years and she decided to tell everyone that she was my son's mother and that I was a sorry excuse for a mother who was unfit, in needed or anger management and in need of mental health care. Funny thing, SHE has the major mental illness that has been diagnosed. I am also in a social work program and I think after 2 years, the instructors that I deal with on a daily basis would have figured out if I was. IGNORE the psycho!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• HA HA - glad I could make you laugh! Hang in there and protect your rights - if a situation comes up where you can get a restraining order against her (she acts all crazy) I would USE that opportunity and get one. Everything you can document - DO. That's critical for your case. Good luck hon
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Legally, yes she is a stepmother. Ethically, from what I've read, she is a sleezbag & sounds jealous of what you have. Do everything you can to keep your daughter away from this psycho!!!
    FlutterBabyXO

Answer by FlutterBabyXO at 10:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• common logic would tell me that her husband has to be a FATHER before she can be a stepmom.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• @anon the state put him on child support back when she was 1. that's another thing they absolutely hate me for. but it sure was nice to rub the DNA test in his face, because of course when he stopped coming around he started accusing me that i was a whore and that "aint my kid". well yes it is bitch!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i find it very bizarre and weird that they gave their daughter my daughter's middle name. why would his wife even go along with that? just creepy IMO
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011