Should I take her to the doctor or is she fine? She has a bruise on her private

yesterday my 5 year old came home from school she told me that she fell yesterday after lunch when they were playing outside she fell on the monkey bars well yesterday it was just red. She went to the bathroom and she came down stairs and told me it was black now. So I asked to see it and it is all black and blue on one side of her private. Is this anything to worry about? She said it only hurts when she touches it.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• i dont think so.. i would watch it for pain but nope.. no doctor visit unless there is blood or broken bones in this case
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Id give it a few days. There is really nothing you could do for a bruise but ice it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would ask the school if she talked to the nurse at school but i woul take her is just incase of it causing other problems
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ok thanks I just didn't know with it being a little girl and having a bruise directly on her private
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I asked her if she went to the office she said no that the teacher just asked if she wanted to sit down so she sat on the bench for a few she did say it hurt when she came home from school yesterday. She said she cried
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• When I was 13 I feel off my bike and hit the bar (boys bike). I was fine for awhile for the next few days when I peed it felt like I had a bladder infection caused it burned. I can't remember what the doc said it was, it wasn't anything serious I do know that. There was a little bleeding inside me that was causing the burning sensation. So if she dosen't hurt when she pees then I wouldn't worry about it, unless the pain doesn't fade anyway.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Michigan-Mom74 ya I did the same thing I fell off my bike at 13 and it also was a boys bike I went home screaming I thought I was bleeding I ran to the bathroom my mom asked my sister what was wrong she told her, but my mom never came to make sure I was ok or never toook me to the doctor. I don't remember how long I hurt for.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would probably take her.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I did this as well on a boys bike, I was fine, she will be too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2011