Well seeing as we're all women who've had children i can't be the only one with this gross problem caused by hemorrhoids. (way tmi)

oh so i have a problem with anal leakage. i have internal and external hemorrhoids. the internal ones cause my sphincter to not close completely after a bm. i wipe VERY well, i even go over with baby wipes to make sure i'm totally clean and after about 5 min i'll feel an itch and i'll go wipe again and it looks like i didn't even attempt to wipe. i googled this problem, lots of people have it, no one has a real solution. all the solutions i saw don't apply to me #1- lose weight (i'm 105 lbs and 5'1")#2- eat more fiber(i'm a vegetarian and a nutrition freak, i eat more than enough fiber, i'm never constipated) 3-drink more water (i drink a full glass every 2 hours). there are more but you get the idea. look i'm a 21 year old mother of a 6 month old. i just can't be leaking like this. i need it to stop. my insurance will not cover the surgery because it's not "a necessary procedure" i've gotten to the point where i literally stick baby wipes into my butthole to clean it out and it doesn't work. what works????? i got these stupid roids when i was pregnant and since pregnancy i haven't had any constipation at all and still my hemorrhoids are running my life. thye don't hurt, or itch, or burn, they just make me leak and to be frank i'd rather they irritate me than make me leak. what do i do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• Get your Dr to say it IS necessary as they are causing other health issues. I dont see why your Dr wouldnt say they need to be removed and that it is necessary. Try a specialist if your Reg Dr wont tow the line. You DO pay lots for insurance premiums so it SHOULD be covered!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• well no, i don't pay anything for insurance. i have huskey state insurance and the state does not believe that any hemorrhoid surgeries are necessary since they are for comfort. my doc knows i need it done
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You are a vegetarian. I think if you ate a more balanced diet and drank a little less water your BM's would perhaps be more solid. It's not hemorrhoids causing that. Maybe a few more tests should be done.
    Maria999

Answer by Maria999 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i have no advice for that but i wish you luck!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i've had stool tests done, they're actually the perfect texture, which sounds gross. they're not runny at all, they're very solid. i do eat a balanced diet. vegetarian does not mean only fruits and vegetables. i still get my complex carbs, proteins, and i take multi vitamins. this is a common problem, google it and don't answer questions you obviously know nothing about
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011