TMI maybe adult content

So I was just wondering if anyone else has a burning feeling after sex while they were pregnant. It just starting recently and eventually it goes away after an hour or so. Almost as if I was too dry. I had a UTI but took the antibiotics. I am 23 weeks pregnant.

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• check with your doctor and make sure it isnt something else too. the body does weird stuff while a woman is pregnant!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• same thing happened to me when I had my UTI. I think its a side effect of the antibiotics
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• like is it in your pee hole? because the same thing happens to me after sex sometimes and i'm 15 weeks and 1 day make sure to pee after having sex everytime
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• @mamawilbur - yeah around that area and i always do haha seems like i have to pee all the time
    newmom07142011

Comment by newmom07142011 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• it is most likely because you are dry try using lube Astroglide is the best
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Run it by your dr just to be safe but its probably just irritation. Our bodies can become very sensitive while pregnant.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I haven't experienced this until recently. I had to sit in the bath for a little while to keep the burning sensation away. When I was pregnant with my first child though I couldn't hardly have sex at all because it hurt so much. I'm pretty sure these problems are normal. When you're pregnant, your vagina swells and could cause sex to be uncomfortable or painful. I think whats normal in pregnancy is different for each woman. If it keeps up or you're worried about it though, ask your doc.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011