Cold?

I took my daughter to the dr. today and they said being that she's so young there is not much we can do. She's almost 4 months by the way. Well now I've noticed that she has this nasty green goop comming out of her eye, Is that normal?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 5:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They have eye drops for babies eyes, go get another opinion for peace of mind.
    urselbaker

Answer by urselbaker at 6:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• At four months there isn't much to do. But if it's an infection brewing they can give antibiotics. But with a cold, it just needs to run it's course. Home treatment includes humidifier, nasal saline drops, eye drips (or warm washcloth to clean) and bulb syringe to clean the bugers. I agree, feel free to get 2nd opinion and rule out rsv!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 8:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• use a humidifier in the room, put her in the bathroom while you run a hot steamy shower, lots of cuddles and keeping her warm and lotsa fluids if possible
    also you can just use a warm washcloth and rub her eye clean but don't drag it through the eye if it is closest to the nose then wipe towards the nose and vise versa
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ugh. . .I had that happen with my twins. It actaully started with my 2 1/2 year old she got it first then it moved to them. I took my toddler to the doctor, only thing I got was med for an ear infection but nothing else for the eye. It eventally went away in all of them, but it was really nasty. Looked like snot in their eyes that didnt want to stop
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• she has an ear and eye infection :(
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011