Am i crazy?

im picking up hours to clear some absecences and gain more pto for when i have my baby. am i crazy that im working 12 hours today and then two 12 straight hour days this weekend? do you think its healthy to work this much when you were put on bed rest pretty much right away during pregnancy?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dont know because im a sahm. But i would say not to over work yourself though.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sounds to me like you have foresight and planning. If you can physically do it - why not? You are planning so you have a better outcome and more pay when you have the baby - what is wrong with that?
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yea you probably should NOT be working if you were put on bed rest from the start. I understand you really need the PTO and or $$ but your risking the baby's life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ya you need to follow the dr's orders if you were put on bedrest in the begining and then taken off then you should be ok but if they still have you on bed rest then there is a good reason for it and you should do what your dr says
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i wouldn't do it because your risking your baby's life and possible yours and any other complications they put you on bed rest from the start for a reason not just for fun
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• As long as you are not hurting the baby and you have the ok from your doc, but it doesn't sound like thats the case. You would never forgive yourself if anything happened to your baby
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Are you supposed to be on bed rest now? If so, I would think it is not a good idea. You could be doing the baby harm. If you are not and it is something you are used to, then I don't see the harm. You are allowed to do anything while you are pregnant you did before, you just aren't supposed to start new things. I would talk to my OBGYN if I were concerned.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• when they put me on bed rest it was 3 days and it was because the baby was growing and pulling and told me to wear a "mommy to be" support. im fine working.
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you were put on bedrest you really need to run this by your dr. I think its great to plan ahead but there is a reason your dr wanted you to take it easy.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011