Would you have any problem "placing the cats in the box?"

FERAL CATS: Place cats in box. Leave out of the rain. Call Haven Humane 241-2550.

A few months ago, one of the stray cats around Kristen’s townhouse in Redding, California had a litter of kittens, which have since grown into a small army of vicious feral felines. Kristen says she and her husband were just discussing getting one those live cat traps to deal with the problem when they came across the landlord’s DIY version.

“Apparently,” says Kristen, “he expects us to wrestle one of these very angry animals through the little hole in this cardboard box,  leave it there to play with some makeshift ‘cat toys,’ and then call the Humane Society in the morning. It’s so easy!”

I’m thinking this landlord must watched one too many Maru videos on YouTube

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2011/03/16/place-cats-in-box/

(I'll put this under the "Pets" category - tongue in cheek, of course.  The mental image of this scenario just cracks me up!) 

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pets

• wow that's stupid i would just call animal control
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Animal control is not likely to come get them or do anything about them. At least they wont do anything about them here in SC. Florida either. They usually suggest you catch them and bring them in. I wouldn't touch a feral cat!! They have all kinds of health problems are usually infected with ticks and flea's and those little bastards bite HARD and have sharp claws.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That's hilarious! I have used live traps before.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i live out in the country and they offer clinics to fix cats.. they give free cages to borrow and everything. I would MUCH rather use a free cage (and trap) then take them to the HS after they are fixed in hopes someone can adopt them as a barn cat or mouser
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My sister lives in Redding!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i couldn't do it because hwo knows what they are going to do with them
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 7:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011