My 7 month old won't eat soilds?

Do I have to start them at solids around 6-7 months? Or can I wait until shes older and actually wants to eat them, shes 7 months old and 21lbs so shes definitely not starving lol. She would much rather nurse then eat.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep offerning them, it can take a lot of tries before likes the taste and texture.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No, food before one is just for fun. She will eat solids when she is ready.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• food before one is not just for fun. mine is 7 months old and she pretty much only eats solids. she'll have 2 bottles of formula a day and the rest is fruits, vegetables, and baby juice......and yeah just keep offering, and taste it before you offer it, if you don't like it then baby probably won't
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Before the age of one, over 90% of their intake should be coming from breastmilk or formula. Not solids.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My son had texture issues and was a choker, he ate solids later than "most" I think with all - that's just a starting age, not a HAVE to.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'd follow her cues. If she's refusing, she's likely not ready. The beauty here is, now that your LO is already 7 mos, when you DO introduce solids, you can skip the mush. You can go straight to soft, small pieces of everyday foods :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• In the first year, solids ALWAYS come after nursing/bottle. Solids should NOT be offered until baby has nursed or taken their usual bottle, to ensure they're not filling up on solids, and ARE getting enough calories and nutrients from breast milk and/or formula.

To momofone, 2 bottles of formula a day is NOT enough for a baby that young! The idea that your LO's diet is primarily solids at that age concerns me.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• That seem to go on with babies that are breast fed, we cant force theme, B-milk is a pacifier
    .
    urselbaker

Answer by urselbaker at 6:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Breast milk is best right now. When she shows an interest in table foods let her try them. There's no hurry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would just keep trying but if it's a no go then i wouldn't worry at least she's healthy and is at a nice weight so... don't fret my pet lol
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2011